Ok, let me be honest. This was totally expected as mini versions are fast becoming a rage amongst stiff smartphone competitors (cough..cough..you know who)
(Image courtesy androidegis)
The S3 mini follows in the wake of the Madly successful mammoth S3, the elder sibling.
Following are the almost final specifications of the S3 mini--- this is getting unveiled in Germany today (11th Oct 2012)
Specs follow -
Samsung I8190 Galaxy S III mini -
- 4" Samsung Galaxy S III mini device;
- Super AMOLED with WVGA resolution;
- ST-Ericsson U8420 chipset (dual-core CPU @ 1GHz / 1GB RAM)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-box
- Main snapper - 5MP unit with LED flash+ front VGA camera;
- MAY even support 720p/1080p recording!!
Ah.. this will be interesting.. People going after the iPhone only because of the size factor will surely be tempted to jump the Android bandwagon now (more lawsuits anyone?).
Good going Samsung! Let’s hope you DON’T release the S4 any soon or it could be the proverbial ‘biting your own A$$’!
Update - Latest on GSMArene