Being seen with my dated but faithful (and fully exploited ;-) ) N70, I have been hammered with constant ridicule and sympathetic glances.
And being an android fan since long, I often had a techno-urge, countless times last year, to jump on the Galaxy S2 bandwagon. But I had been restraining myself after hearing about what the coming future (read S3) would be bringing as the latest technology (under-the-hood).
Going with the specifications and speculations around the web, it appears that S3 is going to be big; perhaps one of the all time best Android smartphones that could see the light of the day.
Some [constantly updated and ground-breaking] specifications include -
- 4.7 / 4.8-inch full HD 1080P resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio. [DISPUTED with 720P]
- 1.5GHz quad-core Samsung Exynos processor. [all in consensus]
- Front facing 2 MP camera for video calling and an 12 or 8 MP rear camera. [news WRT 12 MP is more rampant]
- Hosts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. [Ok]
- Ceramic case with [probably] inductive charging support [and that too out of the box!]
So, this son of a beast is expected in mid 2012 [some say early May] and in time for the iPhone / Android show-down too.
Lets hope, my decision to wait for something better than an S2, actually turns out right.
This could very well be technological history in creation. Lets see.
And seriously, now is the worst time ever to buy an android phone!
- Samsung Galaxy S3 release date, news and rumors
- Can the Galaxy S3 bring Samsung the first 50 million+ quarter?